Pages

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Knitting a Dress - Post #1

One of the goals I set was to knit a dress. I have a feeling this one is going to take awhile :)

But, I picked a dress pattern! Check it out:


Mostly I feel excited, but I also feel extremely overwhelmed. When I mentioned this to one of my friends she asked, "Isn't the point of your list to stretch yourself and grow?" I'm not sure that was the point of my list when I first made it, but it seems like a good purpose for the list, so I'm going to run with that.

This goal will certainly stretch me and increase my knitting skill level if I succeed with it.

The next hurdle is selecting yarn. That might not sound like such a big deal, but the yarn they used in the pattern picture is $32 a skein    and I can't imagine making a dress that would cost nearly $300. So, no comes my need to learn more about textures and weights of yarn AND pick out a color I want – bring it on!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see it when you're finished! You've come a long way, my friend :-)

    ReplyDelete