Pages

Friday, November 29, 2013

Knitting a Dress Post #2


This update has been long overdue – but the pictures are more fun now than they would have been a few months ago!

I tested out the yarn and pattern on my trip through the English countryside. I made some great progress and more importantly built my confidence in my ability to complete this project. Just for some perspective on the awesome setting, check out these pics:




When I got back to the States, I bought the amount of yarn I needed for the project (turns out I did the math wrong or the way I knit uses more yarn that want the pattern indicated – but, I now have enough yarn to finish the project, and magically it is in the same dye lot despite being ordered months apart!) and really got started on this project on my long bus ride down to North Carolina for the 4th of July.

Not sure you can really see the actual project, but here are some pics I took meaning to post an update months ago:


Fast forward four months and many, many hours of knitting, and I have what is clearly a skirt! Wahoo!


I’m still not making promises on when it will be done, but I am taking it on my Thanksgiving trip, and I anticipate having hours and hours to work on it…then there is always the long flight home for Christmas…

Happy knitting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment