Pages

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Kansas

One of our things I enjoyed about Kansas was being in a city that is named after one state, but in two (Kansas City) and in another state straddling city named after both (Kanorado).

In Kansas City all we really did was change drivers. But in Kanorado, now there is a story!

We were running low on gas and saw a sign, so we got off the freeway in Kanorado -- turns out the gas station was shut down, and despite having their own community museum, there was not a soul to be seen besides one young, lone biker. Eerie! We got out of there as fast as we could!



On top of the epicness of the actual event, there is some great icing on the cake. My girlfriends from high school and I have done a gift exchange since Jr. High - and for a long time we drew names for both a "silly" gift and a "nice" (but not more than $10) gift. The Christmas after our road trip Amber drew my name. For the silly gift. I read her card before opening the present. She told me she talked to her brother (who lived in NYC) what to get someone in Boston (where I lived, and which I LOVE) - I knew this was going nowhere good ;) 

I opened the box and pulled the wrapping away from a Yankees mug - the horror! But the best part is that she had written "Made with love in Kanorado" on the bottom of the mug. Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment