Pages

Monday, August 3, 2015

Manhattan Bridges: #1: Brooklyn Bridge

While I've done the Brooklyn Bridge many times, I'll just share two snapshots.

First, I was visiting NYC just before moving here, and I stayed with a dear friend I had met in Boston who showed me around. After getting delicious food at Grimaldi's (where we shared a table with some nice Italian men), we did a night time walk from Brooklyn to Manhattan. One World Trade was still in it's beginning phases of being built and was a brightly lit constructions site that night. We took photos for this group of people from Germany in town for a convention and they took some for us (but never emailed them...) It was a great night that made me feel more excited to move to NYC.

Second, most recently I walked across the Brooklyn Bridge with my church group for our Monday night Home Evening activity. There was a great group, and the weather was perfect! We got to the Brooklyn side about sunset and got some great views and pics of the city. Of course, the ice cream cone from the Brooklyn Creamery helped make it a sweet night too :)








No comments:

Post a Comment