Pages

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Wyoming - Girls Camp Style

You know those times you look back on and wish you'd appreciated more at the time? This is one of those. Picture this:

Single lane road. 

Full bladder. 

Lots of sheep.

In my lonely, never feel like I fit in, teen years this was a rough experience, but looking back if was an adventure.

It was a longish ride from our chapel to our girls camp location. Just my luck I got 'stuck' in the car with the leaders instead of my peers. All I wanted was to be with the other campers. And it seemed that might never happen.

We were in a car that was too close to the ground for the terrain so we were forced to drive VERY slowly. 

Just when I thought I might explode:


We sat. And sat. Nothing else we could do.

Perhaps that long wait is part of what made that year at camp so meaningful. All I know is that I still cherish the memories made. The pranks pulled. The camp songs sung.

Ooo ooo I want to lingerOoo ooo a little longerOoo ooo a little longer here with you.
 
Ooo ooo it’s such a perfect nightOoo ooo it doesn’t seem quite rightOoo ooo that this should be my last with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment