Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Couins in Connecticut

Sometimes a weekend a way is just what you need. My weekend trip to Connecticut a few years back to see my cousin Rebekah's senior recital was one of those.

She had just finished her studies at the Hartt School - University of Hartford, a music conservatory in Hartford Connecticut and invited me to come hear her senior recital. Luckily, I found a bus ticket I could afford and she offered to host me on her couch, so I went!

We were able to spend a leisurely morning together and then go for a late morning run in a beautiful wooded area near her place. It was so nice to be out in nature and to catch up with my cousin (and friend!).

I was also grateful to be able to be useful – we did some shopping for some finger foods to serve at the reception and I helped get them all prepared for her friends, classmates and her sister and her family who were also able to come to the recital.

Then came the big moment - the senior recital itself! The music was beautiful, and Rebekah was radiant. It was a perfect culmination of a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment