Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

A Drive to Maine

Twice while living in Boston I drove to Maine.

The first time was when my dad was in town on business and we decided to drive up since neither of us had been there.

We didn't get that far into the state, but we did check out Kennebunkport - the town and their lighthouse. And we did drive up and down the coast a bit. I think this trip might be where my desire to own/ run a Bed & Breakfast came from.

The second time some friends and I decided we wanted to go camping in Arcadia National Park, the oldest National Park.

I told one of my classmates, who happened to be from Maine, and he was shocked that we were going to drive "that far!" which made me nervous. "Did I just commit to a 13 hour drive without knowing it?!" I asked myself. Nope, turns out "so far" was less than 5 hours (in good traffic, which is most of the time in Maine - if it's not snowing :) and for a girl who grew up in a state that is more than 5 hours from top to bottom and who has taken several cross country drives, that didn't seem bad at all.

What a beautiful area, and such a fantastic trip. Between the amazing fall foliage, and the partner yoga moments, and the incredible hike (where we took the LONG way back), and setting up tents in the dark - this was definitely a trip to remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment