Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

The Book of Mormon: Another Witness of Jesus Christ

This project has been a long time in the making. It's something I've thought about for years, and once I finally started it took me a couple more to finish.

I've know for a long time that The Book of Mormon testifies of Christ. That it builds upon and adds to the witness of Christ in the New Testament. That it gives insight into some of the passages from the Old Testament. But there was something about physically coloring in each reference to Jesus Christ and God the Father that made it even more real.

At first I was highlighting in olive green colored pencil in a soft copy version. Then, when I went to visit my brother in North Dakota, I took it with me to finish the last 10 pages, and what do you know? I left it at his house.

Naturally, I asked him to ship it to me, and I had him send it to my office to avoid some of the problems I've had with things coming to my apartment. And naturally, the Post Office says they delivered it, and I don't have it.

My initial reaction was to assume that all was lost and I'd never finish this project. Luckily for me, a wise friend told me I should just do the last 10 pages online. Genius!

When I first woke up this morning, I read the last chapter, which contains my favorite scripture:
 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.
What a great way to finish this goal, and start my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment