Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Las Vegas, Nevada

I have three distinct memories of Las Vegas.

One:
When I was very young we stopped in Vegas on our drive from Utah to California. I remember feeling a little scared. And I remember that we had an all you can eat breakfast somewhere – I loved the pancakes, but was terrified something crazy, or bad was going to happen at any moment.

Two:
When I was in high school we took a bus from Utah to California for a Debate tournament (traveling from Northridge High in Utah to compete against Northridge High from California – it had never crossed my mind there could be TWO schools with my schools name!). On our way out to California we stopped at Denny’s for food at some crazy hour. I don’t remember what I ate on that stop, but I do remember my friend Derek wearing a cowboy hat asking me to dance with him in the middle of restaurant. I was jointly flattered and terribly embarrassed!


Three:
Two of my brothers and I met up in San Francisco to road trip to Utah for Christmas a few years back. My sister-in-law, another couple, and their young child joined us in our epic mini-van road trip. One of our stops was in Las Vegas. We stayed with a family that my sister-in-law knew well, and it was fun to meet some people close to her since her family lives so far away and we haven’t had much of a chance to interact with them. This stop included my first trip to the Vegas strip (to my knowledge). Despite being freezing cold, it was fun to watch the water show at the Bellagio Hotel. It was also fun to see the mini Eiffel Tower having recently walked up the steps at the real thing a few months prior. But truth be told, my favorite part of my Vegas experience was going to the temple with one of my brothers and spending time in the beautiful celestial room contemplating things that really matter in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment