Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Manhattan Bridges #15, 16 & 17: The Last Chapter

This morning, when it was still dark, I pulled myself out of bed and made myself get ready to ride two of my last three bridges. As soon as it was light enough, I grabbed the bike and was out the door.

For the first time, I took a bike on the subway. I rode the A up to the last stop (to save some time) and then peddled my way over the Broadway Bridge:



Just to be clear, I have actually been over this bridge on foot a couple times on my way to or from Target, but it was the fastest and easiest way to get to the Henry Hudson Bridge.

The Henry Hudson wasn't my favorite bridge. It is short, and not bike friendly. But there are okay views:





And I like that it lets you off in Inwood Hills Park. And that Inwood Hills Park is  roller blade friendly :)


I made it home in enough time to get ready and head to work. And after work, I headed to cross my last bridge - the pedestrian bridge onto Randall's Island:



Waiting on the other side was a warm welcome:


And a fun art installment:



I called my brother and chatted a bit as he was making final preparations to head to the Missionary Training Center tomorrow and I watched the sunset.





What a beautiful way to end the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment