Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Two for One! Alaska AND a Cruise

When people ask me how my trip to Alaska was, I have two answers:
  1. It was so beautiful and peaceful
  2. I could live there
People always question my second answer: "Are you sure? What about the snow? You weren't there in the winter."

Honestly, I think that the dark would be more of an issue for me than snow. I love snow. And while I don't love being cold, I love so many things related to cold: sweaters; tights; boots; layers; snow; seeing your breath in the air... and as people also love to point out, I keep choosing to go to cooler places - like going to St. Petersburg in February and taking a cruise to Alaska instead of the Caribbean. 

As far as the cruise itself goes, it was great. I ate WAY too much - both at the all you can eat buffet and at the fancy sit down option (The Boudreaux). But dressing up and going to dinner with my family was fun.

And then there were the amazing views! Both from the ship, and from land. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves (with a few captions) and you can decide for yourself if you could live in a place as incredible as this:

While I think I would have loved seeing Alaska no matter how I did, seeing several different cities, and Glacier National Bay and College Fjord was INCREDIBLE.

There are too many words for this one and about as many pictures, so in choosing between the two, I’ll opt for (mostly) pictures.

*Warning, I may live in Alaska someday















We stumbled on this walking in a neighborhood - so great!!











Part of our Zipline Crew








This is the Church building in Skagway - built by locals!



I read this sign, took a picture, and then proceeded to NOT prepare for the hike we went on that afternoon :)







Some panorama picture taking fun - Craig fighting himself!

Puddles AND reflections!

"Movies Under the Stars" - or in this case, ominous clouds...














No comments:

Post a Comment