Pages

Friday, September 4, 2015

Cooking - Greek Style!

Cooking is a skill I have long wanted to improve, so when I started creating my 30 Before 30 list, I knew that taking a cooking class had to be on the list. If anyone asks me, I will tell them I consider myself more of a baker than a chef, and really I can't claim to be either. But I do love to bake, and love when people enjoy the things I have made.

I went to Sur la Table in Columbus Circle and joined a bunch of couples in cooking a delicious Greek meal. Our instructor told us we were encouraged to take pictures, but not while we were cutting or using the stove top.



It turns out I missed the memo - apparently it was blue shirt night:



The food was delicious, and our instructor and her kitchen aids were incredible.

 
My only regret is that I ended up leaving the packet with the recipes and tips and tricks there. I left the instruction room to make a purchase before the store room closed, and when I came back they had started cleaning up - thinking I had put the packet in my bag, I thanked the staff and headed out. Only to realize later that I had put it on my chair and they had picked it up! Sigh. I'm sure I can find some similar recipes online (or maybe get them to send them over by email?)

No comments:

Post a Comment