Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Idaho: Stretching our Legs at Parks and on Temple Grounds

Pocatello

My most meaningful experience in Pocatello was going to a park after a long, long car ride. It felt so good to be out of the car!

The most amazing part of this park was that it had legit see-saws. Oh man was it fun to ride up and down with my dad.

They also had swings – one of my favorite things in the world! Getting on a swing and soaring into the air never fails to take me back to my childhood and remind me of awesome Daddy Daughter dates I used to go on to the park.

Idaho Falls

The reason we were on this trip is lost to me. Perhaps it was the time we went to Yellowstone? Regardless of why we were there, the two things that I remember most were:

First, going to see the grounds of the Idaho Falls Temple.

I feel like the temple might have been pretty new and I know my brothers and I were excited to see it. Every temple has such a special feeling about it, and the grounds are so peaceful and beautiful.

Second, I remember that even though it was a Sunday, my parents told us we were going to change into pajamas for the car ride – this was a big deal since we always stayed in Church clothes all day unless we were sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment